Saturday, June 4, 2016

Dear App Developer....

I have spent time recently downloading and trialing heaps of new (and old) 'educational Apps' on our family iPad, both for my 5 year old and classes I teach.

I feel like I keep experiencing the same problems, so here is my 5 pet-hates for any Educational App.


  1. Don't have large 'Sign-Out' buttons that children can access on subscription based Apps.
  2. Don't have links to social media (or have the option to turn this off).
  3. Don't have 'games' where a child can hit every single answer on the screen until the correct one lights up. Tapping an incorrect answer should result in feedback that stops the child making the same mistake nest time.
  4. Have less buttons/options. Make it two/three choices per screen.
  5. Don't have small icons that need to be dragged from the sides - I actually need to take the cover off our iPad to access some of these!
Now if only I could delete these Apps from my purchasing history, it is now overrun with Apps that have not made the cut...

No comments:

Post a Comment