Friday, April 1, 2016

Filling the void...Life without SAMR

Despite previous ramblings, I do like a lot about the SAMR model. It is a guided focus for professional discussions and personal reflection. For many educators it is also inspirational, with Modified and Redefined tasks a 'holy grail' that can be strived for. 

It is easier to criticise than to create, so my challenge has been to create an alternative to SAMR, something that is equally aspirational for educators.

To achieve this task, I have considered learning experiences that are exceptional and found common the threads between them. As per my previous SAMR post, I believe 'Redefined' tasks should not be limited to tasks completed with technology. 'eTools' are just that - electronic tools for learning. They cannot be put above other learning tools.

I would like to disclaim that this is Version 0.1. I have already changed words multiple times...Like any blog post, here is my current thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment